My name is Aaron. I'm a triathlete, a distance runner, a software developer and a photographer. This little web site here allows me to bring together all those aspects of myself: I wrote this site as a place for me to put pictures I take of triathletes, distance runners and whomever (or whatever) else catches my fancy. If you're more interested in aaron the Photographer, you can see a wider variety of my pictures on flickr (a much more sophisticated photo-sharing site than this). If you're more interested in aaron the Athlete, you can read my race resume on the Reston Area Triathletes site (that's another site I wrote).
• About this site: I find myself at races taking a lot of pictures. Sometimes, I've been asked by the race director to take pictures. Sometimes, it's just because I have nothing better to do that day. Depending on why I'm at a particular race, it might be my intention to give away the pictures I take. Thus, most of the galleries on this site include an option to download the high resolution versions of the images. (This is, of course, in contrast to most race photographers, who provide only low resolution pictures for free.) However, if you are more tactilly (but less technically) inclined, I'll take care of getting high quality prints made. I've tried to set the prices high enough just to cover my costs and time, but low enough that it (hopefully) isn't a major purchase. In other words, the pictures are yours for the taking in digital format. I'm just offering an extra service of providing a hard copy if that's something you'd like to have, but you don't want to deal with figuring out the process.
• Intellectual property issues: I'm providing these images, free of charge, for personal use. That includes sending them to your friends, making prints for private use or even putting them on a personal web site. If you intend to use any of these pictures for "non-personal" purposes, please contact me. It is exceedingly unlikely that I'll ask you to refrain from using a picture. But I would like to be aware of any public use of my pictures.
• Downloading pictures: Each picture has three sizes. The small size is used for the thumbnail gallery. The medium size is used when you click View Image under a thumbnail. The large size is the high resolution (8 megapixel, between 2 and 5 megabytes) version of the picture, and is accessible through the Download High Resolution link under the thumbnails. If you want a version of the picture that you can email to friends and view online, get the medium version. View the image, then right-click on the image, and select Save Picture As... or Save Image As.... If you intend to get prints made yourself, you'll want to use the large version.
• Buying pictures: Since these files are large and unwieldy, and since not everyone wants to deal with the vagaries of photo processing, I'm offering my services (at a small cost) to make prints. You just need to select the pictures you want (View Image, and choose the sizes and quantities at the bottom). Then view your cart to make sure you have everything you want, and use the button at the bottom of the View Cart screen to check out. You will be directed to PayPal to process your payment. I will submit your pictures to a professional printing house, and they will make very nice, archival quality prints on Kodak Professional Portra Endura Paper. I'll send the images directly to you (as long as you live in the United States).
• Contacting me: If you have any questions or concerns about anything you see here, feel free to send me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org